It’s Friday, which means many of us are off to enjoy the weekend. I’ve decided to use this as an opportunity to kind of wrap up everything we’ve covered this week and give a brief overview of next week’s Focus on Fitness.
Sunday: My Week’s Nutrition Goals
1. Eat at least 3.5 cups of veggies each day – CHECK!
2. Eat at least 2 cups of fruit each day (not fruit juice–unless I press it myself) – CHECK!
3. Eat at least 6.5 oz of proteins each day (primarily from lean cuts of meat, fish and poultry – CHECK!
4. Limit my dairy (if any) to fat-free/low fat options * – CHECK: two servings low fat yogurt, one serving of chocolate soy milk, and one serving of 2% milk
5. Do not eat any grains * – FAIL: What can I say? I’m human, after all. I ate a chicken wrap on Wed, and I had Chili’s Burger Bites and fries today (office lunch)
6. Do not consume any sugary snacks – FAIL: 4 jelly beans and 4 peanut M&Ms
7. Do not consume any alcoholic beverages (yes…this includes wine and my favorite craft beers) – FAIL: 2 mixed drinks w/diet soda on Wed
8. Drink at least 96 oz of H2O each day (that’s 12, 8 oz servings) – CHECK! Finally!
9. Do not consume any soda (diet or regular) – FAIL: See #7
10. Skip no meal, no matter how pressed for time. – CHECK!
Monday: Nutrition Books (Paleo Diet) I’m unconvinced but glad I bought the book.
Tuesday: To Eat or Not To Eat Pay. It. Forward! You’ll thank yourself during that morning or late afternoon workout.
Wednesday: Supplements If you’ve peaked, maybe. To lose weight or get from zero to hero…no.
Thursday: Cheat Day Cool if you’ve earned it (and I mean really earned it), but maybe not so cool if you’ve been less than 100% diligent throughout the week.
Next week we’ll discuss some common pre- and post-workout meals. This last week, for me, has been a rest week. So I’ll be hitting it hard over the next few days and will need some good grub for energy and recovery. Ryan’s and Scott’s comments from my “Cheaters Never Win” post set me up for a little research over the weekend. Thanks again for that, guys!
Happy Friday, everyone!